Extremely Interesting other Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Race day Eve

My half marathon is tomorrow...7am sharp - it's the Nairobi Standard Chartered marathon - I did it last year too so I sort of know what to expect. I'm nervous just because of what happened in the June half marathon I did with the passing out and all and I also know I'll be hanging out solo until Sergio's done with the full marathon - a couple hours at least.  I trained a bit more this time and the course should not be as difficult as the last one in Lewa so hopefully I'm better off this time. This morning I was doing my final 3 mile training run on a quiet road around our apartment and I passed this Kenyan runner man..clearly training for tomorrow as well, but he was definitely a professional runner - he was flying and looked pretty serious.  He gave me a thumbs up as we passed and I am considering that a positive amen...not an omen..an amen..a little blessing. 
This is what they look like as they come flying by you - like, when they are lapping you 30 minutes after you start running!
Also, I asked Sergio to buy me Oral Rehydration Salts - normally used for children suffering from acute diarrhea. Considering my sweating issue, I think I'm going to mix it in some water for a recovery drink to stave off the fainting..anything to help. 

We've been carbing up today.  I had oatmeal with peanut butter for breakfast, pizza for lunch, and a chicken quesadilla and small side of pasta for dinner.  And, I just updated my running playlist with a few tunes:
Mgmt - Kids
Noah and the Arc - LIFEGOESON
Mumford and Sons - Little Lion Man
Mumford and Sons - The Cave
The Band Perry - If I die young

Going to bed at 10 to be up at 5am.  Wish me luck. (Luck = completion under 2:45)

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

So..what do you have to say about all this?