Extremely Interesting other Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Your commuter question of the day

Here at Lenna Living Lightly, I get a lot of questions from readers about really important things in life - So many of you (read: 2) rely on me to provide sound advice and suggestions to your everyday trials.  So, I'd like to address one such question here - It's something that I know has been on a lot of people's minds out there and I guess I just wanted to help clear the air and settle it once and for all...so here it is:

Question: Can a couple of raw eggs be thrown into a side pocket of your purse and make it through the DC morning public transport commute without breaking?

The answer: YES THEY CAN!

The eggs made it just fine...the banana however was pretty dirty brown by the time I arrived at the office. Moral of the story - that which appears most fragile is often that which is most strong. say whaaaaaat?

Anywho, things have been super busy since I got back and I've been negligent about updating all you readers (both of you) about my departure celebrations and the amazing wedding of the century we attended in Phili the weekend I got back. You'll want to see photos of this wedding..so stay tuned. Here's your cliffhanger..the groom processed to the wedding site while juggling bowling pins and the reception hall had a giant carosel, elephant and tortoise.

In other news..here's what's been going down this week:
I've been trying to find a decent place to live in the most expensive rental market in all the US - Everything is pretty much $2k plus/month and you get basically a closet for a kitchen and no closets at all , and one tiny little bathroom. Here's a photo of clever space saving tricks that you find in this area:

What the WHAT? Something is off here. If I lived here, I'd end up dishwashing my caserole and baking my coffee mugs. It wouldn't be good.
Then, I got to see my cousin Deena and her sweet little babycakes - Simeon. He's the cutest little thang ever! And so is my uncle - well my half uncle since you can only see half of him here:

Me whispering in Simeon's ear - something along the lines of "If you do a number 2 in your diaper while I'm holding you, it's over between us...i dont care how cute you are".  ;-)

Wednesday night, I met up with my gurl Genie - She's one of my favorite people on this planet. We drank Proseco from THE TAP! and ate peporoni dipping sauce at this joint called Graffiatos down by the Verizon Center - Here's how I feel after taking a bite of peporoni dipping sauce at Graffiato:



THEN, Last night I saw my awesome friend Tara that I met in Nairobi. She is in town visiting her hubbie that lives here for now. It was Tara's birthday and we went to this place that Tara and my friend Scott talk about at least a couple times a day - Dairy Godmother in Del Ray - Alexandria. Um, it was good....reeeal good. I'm happy that I don't live close to this joint.



I look a bit beat up - but it was late and I haven't gotten good sleep since they started late night road construction right outside our apartment.
 Thats all I have for you - but as always, more to come.

oooo (those are hugs only, I do not kiss in public)

1 comment:

  1. tell me you really didnt put realllllllllllll eggs in your purse... NOT even I would do that!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

So..what do you have to say about all this?