Extremely Interesting other Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Best FREE at home online workouts

I've been in high gear lately trying my best to drop my extra weight without distraction. So, I've been trying to keep things new and fresh so I don't just get discouraged by trudging away on a treadmill or elliptical every day.

Some of you may remember my post about bodyrock.tv. (Fitness on the road).  Well I'm still using bodyrock.tv but there has been some major changes. The two people that ran the site got divorced - tragic I know - so the husband continued making the videos with his brother and his brother's lady friend and though I did love the original chick (Zuzana), the new crew is great and they are putting out new workouts daily. They are usually from 12-20 minutes and they are INTENSE. Usually you will need a sandbag for the workouts - but no worries, I have shown you how to make your own right here.  The workouts are sort of cross fit meets boot camp.  And best of all, you can access them from AFRICA! Unlike exercise TV or a lot of other workout sites.
The new body rock girl doing a very natural pose.

Besides bodyrock.tv - which will get your butt in gear all on it's own - the original bodyrock host, zuzana, now has her own youtube site and seems to be getting really professional. You can find her intense workouts of the week (WOW) here.  She is the sweetest little czech lady and she gives these little heart to heart pep talks that make you feel all warm and mushy. Often I'll just watch the workout videos while sitting on the sofa eating peanut butter out of the jar with my pointer finger -  her pep talks can be pretty effective to get me off my arse.  You can find her older bodyrock videos all over youtube and on the body rock website as well. 
The original bodyrock girl - Zuzana. She used to be super thin and cut as seen here..seems like she's put on a bit of padding when you see the new videos. She actually looks a bit more normal now..though still thin and extremely ripped.

Lastly, there is the crossfit website.  I'm not one of those cross fit cult people - Honestly I just dont have the equipment to really get into it since many of the workouts require very heavy weight, a place to sprint, row machines and pull up bars, etc. Plus I don't have someone showing me the proper form for some of these exercises which is important when you are using heavy weight. But I have done quite a few of the body weight workouts and some of the others that only require lighter weights and it's good stuff.    Here's an example of a workout of the day (WOD)-
  • Hold a 45 pound (or lighter) barbell over head and do lunges for 50ft 
  • then immediately do 21 burpees
  •  Repeat for 5 rounds.
The idea is MINIMAL TO NO REST between rounds. You don't even necessarily  need to use additional weight to make this a great work out.
 If you dont know what a burpee is, you can see it demonstrated by Zuzana here. I believe Lucifer (yes, the devil) invented burpees.

Now, go do something!

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post. All I can picture is you with peanut butter on the couch, and the suddenly jumping up and striking that pose on the coffee table, peanut butter flying through the air. Totally normal evening chez Arango!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! I can hold that pose AND eat peanut butter fingers at the same time. I'm good Frannie.

      Delete
  2. It’s nearly impossible to fіnd ωеll-infοrmed people on this topiс, but
    you sound liκe yоu knoω what уou’re talking about!
    Thanks

    Here is my ωеb-sіtе ::
    Gardening

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ωaѕ able to find good infο fгom youг articles.


    My homераge :: gardening

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most people don't believe it's possible to lose weight in two months. I would like to give some suggestion take tips from fitness coach a “Pro Fitness Coach” who helps me.Get free coach online ProFitnessCoach4u
    v

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good fast weight loss diet can keep your health and even make the body burn a lot of fat quickly.I would like to suggest take tips from fitness coach. A “Pro Fitness Coach” who helps me suggest some diet method and exercise which works really good. Get free coach online ProFitnessCoach4u

    ReplyDelete
  6. You there, this is really good post here. Thanks for taking the time to post such valuable information. Quality content is what always gets the visitors coming. Bolt Posts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your content is nothing short of brilliant in many ways. I think this is engaging and eye-opening material. Thank you so much for caring about your content and your readers. agen bola online

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely comeback.best hair clippers in india

    ReplyDelete

So..what do you have to say about all this?