Extremely Interesting other Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Kamikazi Mosquitos and Lewa Marathon Play List

The day started a little messy - I woke up 30 minutes late.  Haven't been sleeping well here.  As much as I try to kill all the mosquitos in the room before I go to sleep a few seem to escape me.  There are no mosquito nets here - it's a nice new Radison and that would ruin their vibe.  But those mosquitos drive me crazy when I sleep. And they are different than the ones at home or in Nairobi. I wake up at all hours feeling bites - I throw the lights on and have to hunt it down before going back to sleep. They leave big giant welts that swell for 48 hours. The other day, one got me right in the eye lid while I was sleeping - Not kidding, I woke up and felt that I could not open my right eye. I thought maybe my eye lashes were just bent and locked together...then I looked in the mirror - The mirror should have shattered honestly ..my face was soo messed up! I looked like Chunk from the Goonies -  My eye lid was so swollen it was holding up my upper brow super high..I looked so bizarre..and it was pushing my eyelashes down into my eyeball. The inside was like glued shut. Good times.  Here's a little sneak peek..and this was a good angle:

Sergio loves this shot of me...really reminds him of my beauty while we are far apart.
 I had to go to the office though - Too much going on to hide in my room..so I just warned everyone and held my head up high. It really looked crazy...everyone kept asking me what was wrong with me. But you know, so many people have stuff like this that they have to live with daily..so I actually just kept reminding myself that I can handle 1 day of looking different and I should still hold my head up and be confident.  Vanity...what a B.

On my healthy eating today - Did decent:
Breakfast
egg white omelet
grapefruit
musli cereal
tomatos

Lunch
Sam as yesterday - Grape Leaves [veggie], Hummus and a piece of wheat arabic bread and an apple.
Snack - Came to the hotel after work and found some cookies they left for me here..ugh. So I ate one.
Dinner- Taboule, Shish Tawouk Wrap.

Work Out - Ran 3.2 miles and did 25 minutes of Jilian Michaels work out DVD.

Okay, on to the playlist
This playlist almost made me forget of the horrendousness of the run. I'm definitely a music schitso:

Rolling in the Deep - Edele
Take on Me – Ah Ha
Song for the Lonely - Cher
Forever Yellow Skies - Cranberries
Bad Moon Rising – Credence Clearwater Revival
Sandstorm - Darude
Orinoco Flow - Enya
A little Respect - Erasure
When Lights Go Down – Fleetwood Mac
On Melancholy Hill - Gorillaz
Hold you - Gyptian
Same Mistake – James Blunt
In my head – Jason Murulo
I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
Down – Jay Sean
Volverte A Ver - Juanes
Thinking of You – Katy Perry
Skating Away – Jethro Tull
Mr. Brightside – The Killers
All these things that I’ve done – The Killers
Read my Mind – The Killers
Use Somebody – Kings of Leon
Bad Romance – Lady Gaga
Just Dance – Lady Gaga
Paper Planes - MIA
Down Under – Men At Work
Grace Kelly - MIKA
Unwritten – Natasha Beddingfield
Just A Dream - Nelly
99 Luftballons - Nena
Just Like a Pill - Pink
Raise your Glass - Pink
Solsbury Hill – Peter Gabriel
Fidelity –Regina Spektor
A Fuego Lento - Rosana
Ciega Sordomuda - Shakira
Inevitable - Shakira
Estoy Aqui - Shakira
Te Dejo Madrid - Shakira
Waka Waka - Shakira
Love Story – Taylor Swift
Toxicity – System of a Down
That’s not My Name – Ting Tings
You Don’t Know How it Feels – Tom Petty
Africa – Toto [Of Course]
Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus
Because the Night – 10000 Maniacs
Stockton Gala Days – 10000 Maniacs
In da Club – 50 cent

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So..what do you have to say about all this?